Vaccaro's History. . .
Gioacchino Vaccaro established Vaccaro's Italian Pastry Shop in 1956. He was born and raised in Palermo, Italy. Mr. Jimmy, as he was so aptly known, brought with him the recipes and the knowledge of how to make the finest Siciliano pastries Baltimore had ever seen. Soon after opening, it was evident that the cannoli and rum cake had created a sensation among Baltimoreans.
Today Nick Vaccaro continues the family tradition begun by his father with the same old world recipes brought over from Italy. Vaccaro's has grown to include the new Pasticceria (pastry shop) which offers both carry out and sit-down cafe' to enjoy, a state-of-the-art production facility and warehouse, and three other locations (throughout Baltimore and the surrounding areas.) Also, enjoy panini/mufalato, soups and salads at three of our locations.
Grazie per la visita and Enjoy!
About Us. . .
Vaccaro's Italian Pastry Shop, Inc. is Baltimore's leading manufacturer of fine Italian pastries. We strive to provide you with the most delectable and authentic Italian pastries.
Product Information on some of our most popular items:
- Cannoli Shells - An authentic Sicilian favorite, deep-fried cylinder type pastry. Open ends for easy filling.
- Cannoli Cream - Rich whole milk Ricotta Cheese mixed with sugar, flavorings and cocoa drops.
- Gelato - Traditional Italian Ice Cream available in a variety of flavors.
- Rum Cake - Italian sponge cake soaked in rum flavoring with one layer of vanilla cream, one layer of chocolate cream and garnished with sliced almonds around the outside.
- Cassata Cake - Italian sponge cake layered with our famous cannoli cream, garnished with sliced almonds around the outside.
- Tiramisu - Lady fingers soaked in coffee and coffee liquor layed with mascarpone cheese and dusted with cocoa powder.
- Cheese Cake - Traditional all American dessert made with delicious cream cheese.
- Italian Macaroon Cookies - Almond paste Italian macaroon cookies in four varieties: Sliced Almond, Pignoli (Pine Nuts), Amaretti (plain), Red Cherry (topped with a red candied cherry).
- Biscotti Cookies - We offer a variety of 27 different types of Italian Biscotti Cookies.
Many of our products contain nuts, please ask when ordering. If you have a question regarding a specific ingredient or product, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Corporate Sales Information. . .
To inquire about pricing for Vaccaro's products for your restaurant or event, please contact our corporate office.
3705 East Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21224
Home || Shopping Cart || Company Info || Café Menu || Locations || Promotions
Phone: 410-685-4905 Fax: 410-276-7671
Vaccaro's Italian Pastry Shop, Inc.
222 Albemarle Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Copyright (c) 2002. All Rights Reserved.